• The park is accessible via tarmac road from Nairobi (90 kms)
• 52 km2
• Naivasha, Rift Valley Province
• Temperature ranges from 20-300 c and rainfall from 200mm – 700 mm
PERSONNEL ON CALL
• The Warden
• At present the park does not operate on smart card system. Entry is by cash only (KSH or US$).
• Extinct volcano and crater forest, Scenic Landscape, Views of lake Naivasha and the Great Rift Valley.
• The park is a paradise for birds of prey
• Buffalos, Gazelles, Impala and girrafe
WHERE TO STAY
• In – Park Accommodation
o There is no accommodation in the Park ; although a wide range of accommodations options are available in Naivasha town and along Moi South Lake Road.
• KWS Self – Catering Accommodation:
o There are no self-catering facilities at Hell’s Gate National Park.
• Camping Facilities
o Olongoonot campsite
• Rock climbing
• Viewing Lake Naivasha
BEST TIME TO VISIT
• All year round
WHAT TO TAKE WITH YOU
• Drinking water, picnic items and camping equipment if you intend to stay overnight. Also useful are: binoculars, camera, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses and guidebooks